You may have heard you need a mobile website for your business. You may be thinking, why? I already have a website. What’s the big deal – surely I don’t need to cater for a few folk on phones?
When it comes to deciding whether you need a mobile site for your business, there are five things you need to know:
1. Three quarters of the UK population own a smartphone, and that number is rising.
2. By the end of 2014, more people will be going online via mobile devices than computers.
3. The majority of smartphone owners use them to search for local information.
4. Most business websites can’t be viewed properly on a smartphone.
5. Google research shows that frustration with a non mobile-optimised website has potential customers leaving your site and looking elsewhere.
Food for thought. Need more info about a business mobile site? Ask here.
Infographic download: http://services.google.com/fh/files/misc/omp-2013-uk-en.pdf